Barbara Wintroub graduated California State University, Northridge with a degree in Kinesiology. She has a lifetime State of California Teaching Credential, is currently a Faculty Member with UCLA Extension, Balanced Body University and has taught over 400 physical Therapists how to incorporate Pilates into their PT program.
* Certified Pilates First Tier Member of the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA)
* Certified in Gyrotonic Expansion System
* Certified American Bone Health
* Degreed Personal Fitness Trainer
* Certified Medical Exercise Specialist with American Academy of Health, Fitness and Rehabilitation Professionals (AAHFRP)
* Certified Pilates for Golf and Nordic Walking
As a member of the BABY BOOMER GENERATION, Barbara is considered an "Active Aging Expert". She has recently been selected to be a member of the Visioning Boatd for the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA), to come up with breakthrough ideas to motivate people into fitness. Barbara now lives in Palm Desert, California where she continues to present new material on Osteoporosis and Alzherimer's Disease exercise programs and teaches Truckers how to exercise behind the steering wheel of their 18 wheeler.
Barbara is a nationally ranked tennis and pickleball player, Ironman triathlete and she is one of the first 40 women worldwide to have run a marathon on all 7 continents.