Starting a new journey is always tricky, but the reward will be worth it. Begin your publishing quest with Balboa Press and seek the marvels of self-publishing with our no-frills Seeker package. This package includes fundamental tools needed to publish your unique book without the add-on services you may not need. The Seeker package can put your foot in the door and send you on the publishing adventure you’ve been dreaming about, finishing with a professionally-made, beautiful book for all to discover.
Why Balboa Press?
Balboa Press is a division of Hay House, founded by Louise Hay, a self-published author who raised Hay House from its humble roots. Louise Hay established Hay House in 1984 to self-publish her first two books, selling over 35 million copies worldwide. Today, Hay House is a full-scale traditional publishing company. Still, Louise always remembered her self-publishing roots and decided to create Balboa Press to allow more authors to publish self-help and transformational books.
Opportunity for Discovery
When you publish with Balboa Press, your book could become the next Hay House title. Representatives from Hay House will regularly review Balboa Press titles for new authors to sign with them.
- Softcover Publishing: Your book will be available in the most popular format, made of quality, perfect binding, and acid-free library stock paper.
- Digital Formatting and Distribution (e-Book Publishing): Your book will be distributed online as an electronic book (e-Book) and available for purchase through significant resellers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Worldwide Online Distribution: Your book will be available online through external retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other resellers that may pick up your book from the Ingram and Baker & Taylor distribution networks.
- Standard Cover Design: We provide a set of professional, well-designed cover templates for you to choose from to create an eye-catching book cover.
- Standard Page Design: Choose from a set of straightforward book interior layout templates.
- Electronic Galley: You'll review and approve your book's final product, known as a "galley proof." This is the final check of your cover and manuscript in its last version before production. Galleys will be sent to you via email for easy access.
- 20 Image Insertions: You may provide images for your book’s interior pages, which will be printed in black and white or in full colour.
- One Round of Cover Revisions: If you have any additional changes you want to make to your cover design, you have the option at no additional cost.
- One Round of Interior Revisions: If, after reviewing your electronic galley, you wish to make interior changes to your manuscript, you may submit up to 50 corrections at no additional cost.
- Amazon "Look Inside", Google, and Barnes & Noble "Read Instantly" Previews: Allow readers to peek inside your book, creating interest online before purchasing it. Preview available on Amazon, Google, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- ISBN Assignment: A 13-digit identifier is unique to your book and an industry requirement for distribution and retail sales. It allows distributors, retailers, printers, and readers to find and order your book.
- US Copyright Registration: Your book will be registered with the US Copyright Office with copyright registration, meaning there will be a public record that you are the owner of your manuscript.
- AU Legal Deposit: The legal deposit is a system that helps ensure the preservation of published material related to Australia and its people—for the benefit of the community and future generations.
- 50 Promotional Digital Bookstubs: As part of your marketing plan, offer promotional copies of your e-Book using Bookstub codes.
- $350 Credit for your First Book Order: Use your one-time single-use book credit for books placed through your author book order.
- Author Website Setup - 3 Pages with One Year of Hosting: Receive a professional author website that fits your style and is where readers can discover your book and read your author profile.
- New Releases Section on the Balboa Press Bookstore: To jumpstart your book's publication, your book will be given the spotlight in our 'New Releases' section on the Balboa Press online bookstore.
- Print-Ready Bookmarks Design File: These are the PDF files of bookmark design so you can print bookmarks at home or through a local printer to be used for promotional events.
- Book Sales Savvy Guide: With helpful exercises and practices, this marketing guide can give you the confidence and skills to draw bookstores to sell your book.
- Social Media Setup Guide: Connect with your readers in the easiest and most convenient way possible through social media. We’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up your channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.