Starting a new journey is always tricky, but the reward will be worth it. Begin your publishing quest with Balboa Press and seek the marvels of self-publishing with our no-frills Seeker package. This package includes fundamental tools needed to publish your unique book without the add-on services you may not need. The Seeker package can put your foot in the door and send you on the publishing adventure you've been dreaming about, finishing with a professionally-made, beautiful book for all to discover.
Why Balboa Press?
Balboa Press is a division of Hay House, founded by Louise Hay, a self-published author who raised Hay House to its humble roots. Louise Hay established Hay House in 1984 to self-publish her first two books, selling over 35 million copies worldwide. Today, Hay House is a full-scale traditional publishing company. Still, Louise always remembered her self-publishing roots and decided to create Balboa Press to give more authors a chance to publish self-help and transformational books.
Opportunity for Discovery
When you publish with Balboa Press, your book could become the next Hay House title. Representatives from Hay House will regularly review Balboa Press titles for new authors to sign with them.
- Softcover Publishing: Your book will be available in the most popular format, made of quality, perfect binding, and acid-free library stock paper.
- Digital Formatting and Distribution: Your book will be distributed online as an electronic book (e-Book) and available for purchase through significant resellers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Worldwide Online Distribution: Your book will be available online through external retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other resellers that may pick up your book from the Ingram and Baker & Taylor distribution networks.
- Standard Cover Design: We provide a set of professional, well-designed cover templates for you to choose from to create an eye-catching book cover.
- Standard Page Design: Choose from a set of straightforward book interior layout templates.
- Electronic Galley: You'll review and approve your book's final product, known as a "galley proof." This is the final check of your cover and manuscript in its last version before production. Galleys will be sent to you via email for easy access.
- 20 Image Insertions: You may provide images for your book's interior pages, and these will be printed either in black and white or in full color.
- One round of Interior Revisions: If you wish to make interior changes to your manuscript after reviewing your electronic galley, you may submit up to 50 corrections at no additional cost.
- One round of Cover Revisions: If you have any additional changes you want to make to your cover design, you have the option at no additional cost.
- Amazon "Look Inside", Google, and Barnes & Noble "Read Instantly": Previews: Allow readers to take a peek inside your book, creating interest online before purchasing it. Preview available on Amazon, Google, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- ISBN Assignment: A 13-digit identifier is unique to your book and an industry requirement for distribution and retail sales. It allows distributors, retailers, printers, and readers to find and order your book.
- US Copyright Registration: Your book will be registered with the US Copyright Office with copyright registration, meaning there will be a public record that you are the owner of your manuscript.
- Library of Congress Control Number: Balboa Press will submit a copy of your book to the Library of Congress and arrange for a card catalog number to be assigned to your book.
- 50 Promotional Digital Bookstubs: As part of your marketing plan, offer promotional copies of your e-Book using Bookstub codes.
- $250 Credit for your First Book Order: Use your one-time single-use book credit for books placed through your author book order.
- Author Website Setup - 3 Pages with One Year of Hosting: Receive a professional author website that fits your style and is where readers can discover your book and read your author profile.
- New Releases Section on the Balboa Press Bookstore: To jumpstart your book's publication, your book will be given the spotlight in our 'New Releases' section on the Balboa Press online bookstore.
- Print-Ready Bookmarks Design File: These are the PDF files of bookmark design so you can print bookmarks at home or through a local printer to be used for promotional events.
- Book Sales Savvy Guide: With helpful exercises and practices, this marketing guide can give you the confidence and skills you need to draw bookstores to sell your book.
- Social Media Setup Guide: Connect with your readers in the easiest and most convenient way possible through social media. We'll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up your channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Call 844.682.1282 to order
or request a publishing consultation below to have your questions answered
Disclaimer: Prices listed do not include applicable taxes (such as sales, use, excise, value-added, goods and services, or other tax), which will be added to the total at the time of purchase. Prices listed do include the copies of the book; the cost of shipping and handling will be calculated and charged after your book is made available for sale.