The Master package will help your book soar to new heights. With the Cover Copy Polish, your book's back cover summary will be modified so your story stands out and attracts interest from potential readers. You'll also be interviewed on the podcast, Author Roundup segment of The Book Connection, to reach more audience members. The Master package will help readers discover your book and you in paramount ways.
Why Balboa Press?
Balboa Press is a division of Hay House, founded by Louise Hay, a self-published author who raised Hay House from its humble roots. Louise Hay established Hay House in 1984 to self-publish her first two books, selling over 35 million copies worldwide. Today, Hay House is a full-scale traditional publishing company. Still, Louise always remembered her self-publishing roots and decided to create Balboa Press to give more authors a chance to publish self-help and transformational books.
Opportunity for Discovery
When you publish with Balboa Press, your book could become the next Hay House title. Representatives from Hay House will regularly review Balboa Press titles for new authors to sign with them.
- Softcover Publishing: Your book will be available in the most popular format, made of quality, perfect binding, and acid-free library stock paper.
- Digital Formatting and Distribution: Your book will be distributed online as an electronic book (e-Book) and available for purchase through significant resellers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Hardcover Publishing: Your hardcover edition will be perfectly bound with a rigid paperboard and finished with a beautiful dustjacket or in a sturdy case-bound volume with high gloss lamination (for Full-Color books).
- Worldwide Online Distribution: Your book will be available online through external retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other resellers that may pick up your book from the Ingram and Baker & Taylor distribution networks.
- Custom Cover Design: A cover designer will be assigned to your manuscript and, with some consultation and direction, will design a cover based on your vision using images you provide, or incorporate 5 or more stock images and design elements to create a unique cover that speaks to the essence of your book.
- Electronic Galley: You'll review and approve your book's final product, known as a "galley proof." This is the final check of your cover and manuscript in its last version before production. Galleys will be sent to you via email for easy access.
- 75 Image Insertions: You may provide images for your book’s interior pages, and these will be printed either in black and white or in full color.
- Two rounds of Interior Revisions: If you wish to make additional interior changes to your manuscript, you may submit more at no additional cost.
- Custom Page Design: You will have a say in creating visually appealing page designs bringing your story to life, and building your book's layout that fits your needs.
- Two rounds of Cover Revisions: If you have any additional changes you want to make to your cover design, you have the option at no additional cost.
- Amazon "Look Inside", Google, and Barnes & Noble "Read Instantly" Previews: Allow readers to take a peek inside your book, creating interest online before purchasing it. Preview available on Amazon, Google, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- Editorial Assessment: Sometimes, it takes another set of eyes to check for anything you missed through the writing process. This highly recommended editorial diagnostic tool is a preparatory and detailed review determining which areas of your manuscript need improvement and recommending the appropriate editorial service. This assessment contains feedback and general editing suggestions for the first chapter, or 1,700 words.
- Cover Copy Polish: Our professional copywriters will find the perfect back cover summary for your book that fits its essence while creating intrigue and interest among readers.
- Enhanced Metadata Listing: Optimized metadata and keywords potentially help your book gain visibility in Amazon search results so readers discover your book.
- Set Your Own Price: Control your retail book price and the number of royalties you earn on each copy sold by activating this one-time option.
- ISBN Assignment: A 13-digit identifier is unique to your book and an industry requirement for distribution and retail sales. It allows distributors, retailers, printers, and readers to find and order your book.
- US Copyright Registration: Your book will be registered with the US Copyright Office with copyright registration, meaning there will be a public record that you are the owner of your manuscript.
- Library of Congress Control Number: Balboa Press will submit a copy of your book to the Library of Congress and arrange for a card catalog number to be assigned to your book.
- 500 Promotional Digital Bookstubs: As part of your marketing plan, offer promotional copies of your e-Book using Bookstub codes.
- $1000.00 Credit for your First Book Order: Use your one-time single-use book credit for books placed through your author book order.
- Hay House Online Catalog Placement: Give Hay House’s dedicated readers a chance to discover and purchase your book by putting it directly in HayHouse.com’s online catalog.
- Author Website Setup - 6 Pages: Receive a professional author website that fits your style and is where readers can discover your book and read your author profile.
- 2 Years of Website Hosting: We’ll handle the domain registration, renewal, and hosting of your personal site.
- New Releases Section on the Balboa Press Bookstore: To jumpstart your book's publication, your book will be given the spotlight in our 'New Releases' section on the Balboa Press online bookstore.
- Featured Book Placement on the Balboa Press Bookstore: Join the featured section on the Balboa Press homepage dedicated to highlighting our authors' books, yours included, for a limited time upon its publication date.
- Print-Ready Bookmarks Design File: These are the PDF files of bookmark design so you can print bookmarks at home or through a local printer to be used for promotional events.
- Book Sales Savvy Guide: With helpful exercises and practices, this marketing guide can give you the confidence and skills you need to draw bookstores to sell your book.
- Social Media Kit: In this kit, you'll have everything you need to grow your social media presence, including page creation, custom banners, etc. With the rise of content creation and brand deals, a social media kit can help promote your book and connect with the right readers.
- Half Page Feature on BookMad magazine: Your book will be seen in BookMad magazine, a digital space dedicated to publishing trends, highlighting new authors, and book releases.
- Booksellers Return Program (24 Months): A typical programme in the self-publishing industry in which author books will be marked "Returnable" in the wholesaler/distributor ordering system for 24 months. This is valuable to booksellers by assuring them credit for unsold bookstore copies. Ideal for authors if their books are primarily sold in bookstores, securing them more shelf space and in-store book signings.
- Press Release Essential: We can help get the word out about your book by sending a single-page press release to 500 targeted media outlets, including TV shows, radio, online publications, and more.
- Print-Ready Marketing Materials Design File: Need more material for your events? We’ll provide design support for up to 10 book events, so you can easily and conveniently take the files to your local printer. Choose from options such as signing posters, flyers, or announcement postcards, or send us your design instructions and sizes, and we’ll send you the hi-res print-ready design files in 7 business days.
- Social Media Announcement: Share a photo or short video of yourself holding your book for the first time, and we’ll post it on our Facebook page and BookMad to help promote your newly released title.
- Bookstore Sell Sheet Digital File: A sell-sheet is a one-page description of your book, including important information that a bookseller, gift shop, or other business might want to know about your book before purchasing.
- Video and Podcast Interview on The Book Connection: The Book Connection Show is a channel about authors and their passion for telling their stories. Audiences will gain insight about you - the creative mind behind your story. Your pre-recorded interview will be conducted over a Zoom video call published to the Author Roundup segment of the show. The published video will be 10 to 15 minutes long. It will also be available on podcast and distributed to Spotify, Apple iTunes, etc.