Managing business processes must be a priority for organizations that want to be innovative and profitable. But despite their importance, many public and private organisations delegate the managing of process projects to information technology specialists who may not know what’s truly best for the business.
Richard Stoneham, managing director of Business Processes Australia, argues that business leaders need to lead process programs that own these process projects. Learn how to:
• lead a process program to deliver strategic outcomes;
• understand how the program manages process projects;
• reap targeted business benefi ts by implementing innovative end-to-end process design;
• optimise for the whole enterprise, by pursuing cross-functional process design;
• access detailed methods and techniques for process program and project leaders
• pick the right information technology applications.
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that processes are not of interest to you and should be left to operational managers. They’re strategically important, and you need to understand modern process innovation to lead your team effectively.
Once you take ownership of delivery of business processes, you’ll collaborate better with information technology specialists and others in your organisation. The end result will be supportive customers, improved efficiency, better morale, robust profits and growth capacity.