‘All that we are is a result of all that we have thought’ Bhudda
Is it possible to use the power of your mind to ‘Think Yourself Thinner’?
I think it would be difficult to find anyone who would argue against the benefits of deliberately taking control of our thoughts to encourage ourselves to let go of our pessimistic, limiting, fearful thoughts and beliefs and become a person who is mostly positive and optimistic.
In this book I have blended the principles of positive thinking with the principles of the law of attraction and yogic techniques, to achieve the goal of becoming more positive about your own body image, and consequently a happier, healthier and thinner you. This book has been written to help you to love the body you have right now, thereby utilising the power of the Law of Attraction to open your mind to the possibilities of creating the body you desire.
This book is a product of my own journey to know and love myself and it has been inspired by my own meditation practice. The journey within, the quest to know your own Soul is the greatest adventure you will ever undertake. Once started, the exploration of your own Inner Being will continue for the whole of your lifetime, it has no end, because we are, by our very creative nature, ever expanding, eternal and infinite beings and our potential to expand in consciousness is intrinsically linked with the ever expanding Universe we inhabit.
The underlying concept of positive thinking and the ‘Law of Attraction’ has been taught by many enlightened beings on this planet in the past and at this time. These teachings are in no way new. The ‘new thought movement’ as it was known started in the early 1900’s, one of the early writers James Allen started to write a series of books and articles including "As a Man Thinketh" in 1902.
However to me the premise of like attracts like can be traced back to the earliest religions and philosopies. In eastern cultures we know it as the Law of Karma and in Christianity the golden rule ‘for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.’ Galatians 6:7 and ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’ Jesus Christ.
Karma is Newton's third law. Buddha got enlightened with Newton's third law. Every action has a reaction, equal and opposite. Yogi Bhajan
And like many others I’ve been fascinated by the idea of the Law of Attraction, since I first encountered it. Of course the understanding of how the Universe works has been studied long before any of us were alive, and I believe that humanity is continually growing in understanding of this vibrational reality we call LIFE. I believe the wealth of literature available on the subject is as a result of our universal thirst to understand more about the Universe we inhabit. Our combined understanding is growing steadily and since we are ever-expanding consciousness, it will continue to grow.
My humble understanding of the Law of Attraction in a nutshell is as follows:
• We are all creators, our physical bodies are individual points of consciousness, of God force, or Creative Universal Consciousness. Whilst we are in these physical bodies the larger part of us, our Spirit, our God force or Soul is always conscious and aware of us and communicates with us through our emotions or feelings.
• As creators we have come into this realm of contrast/polarity/duality, as it is the most perfect creative platform. We sift and sort through the contrast and our preferences are born. As we make choices and launch desires for more (more understanding, more prosperity, more love, more peace), the spirit part of us, immediately becomes more and the entire Universe benefits and expands to the new understanding that we are all becoming.
• This is a vibration based Universe and the underlying principle of this Universe, the first Law of the Universe is the Law of Attraction. Like vibration is attracted to like vibration, the Law of Attraction is matching up all things that vibrate with the same energy – no exceptions.
• Our Soul holds the vibration of all of our dreams, desires and of our most expanded understanding of life and the physical/mental part of us vibrates the energy of our thoughts, words and actions. When there is a difference in these two vibrational outputs or frequencies, we feel this dissonance as negative emotion or emotion that does not feel good. When our thoughts, words and actions are in harmony with the vibration of our Soul, we feel this harmony as positive emotion or emotion that feels good.
• There is no such thing as exclusion in this attraction based Universe; you cannot be thinking about something and exclude it from your experience. When you are vibrating the energy of ‘I hate red cars’ you are focusing on red cars and when you are vibrating the energy of ‘I love red cars’ you are focusing red cars. You focus is creative, what you give your attention to is what you create.
• We are totally free individual creators, but we are always loved and supported by Spirit (which always remains the largest part of us). Our Soul, our guardian angels, saints and spirit guides as well as our departed loved ones that have walked this path before us. Whether you call them spirits, angels, saints or fairies of the Universe we all have at our sides a wealth of loving, eager, non-physical co-creators who watch over us and are ready to answer our call for help. Because we are completely free creators you may be unaware of your non-physical co-creators, as they never impede our free will, but in answer to our call they can and do guide and protect us. Feel and acknowledge the love that supports you and know you are appreciated by spirit.