Transform your life with this practical guide
to self-acceptance and happiness
Have you ever heard someone say ‘just be yourself,’ as though it’s the answer to
everything? It can be very difficult to be yourself, especially if you don’t really know
who you are anymore.
Learning how to be yourself is the first step towards living a happy and meaningful
life. In How to Be Yourself, psychologist Jane Briscoe and her coauthor, Simone Essex,
deliver an empowering collection of techniques combining the use of acceptance and
commitment therapy, positive psychology, and hypnotherapy and mindfulness. These
techniques are designed to aid in
• understanding exactly who you are and how the human mind works;
• identifying and embracing your values, strengths, and personality style;
• reducing stress, worry, and insecurities;
• overcoming the fear of judgment;
• handling difficult and painful thoughts effectively.
As a bonus, How to Be Yourself comes with a hypnosis MP3 download to help reinforce
the powerful strategies offered throughout the guide. By embracing these techniques,
anyone can experience authentic happiness.