Do you want to get off antidepressants and move toward a more full and balanced life? Have you tried several times to get off antidepressants, only to end up right back on them? If so, this book is for you.
In The Antidepressant Antidote: Five Steps to Get Off Antidepressants Safely and Effectively, Bethany Butzer, Ph.D. provides practical and proven techniques to help you get off antidepressants once and for all. This life-enhancing 5-step program will teach you:
• How to get the support you need as you taper off antidepressants.
• Tips to deal with the withdrawal effects that can arise when reducing your antidepressant dose.
• Techniques to let go of stress, anxiety, sadness, and depression.
• Smart choices to move you toward the type of life you desire.
• Strategies to stay off antidepressants over the long term.
In this book, Dr. Butzer doesn’t stand up on an ivory tower and tell you what to do. She took antidepressants for 6 years, and after several failed attempts she finally managed to get off the medication for good. She offers moving, real-life stories from her own experiences to show you how to bring the principles in this book to life.
Written by an expert in psychology who understands antidepressants both personally and professionally, The Antidepressant Antidote provides a holistic 5-step program to help you kick your antidepressant habit for good.