There’s no getting around it: Deciding to get divorced is one of the hardest decisions you’ll ever make, and going through one is not easy.
But you can make it easier by arming yourself with information, knowing what to expect, and protecting your interests.
Three partners with the Watkins Tapsell law firm answer the questions you have about divorce but are afraid to ask in this guide, and they also share answers to questions you should be asking but haven’t considered. Find out how to:
• identify a support network at the start of the separation process;
• notify your partner that the marriage is over;
• work out post-separation living arrangements;
• tailor a negotiation approach based on your partner’s emotional status; and
• protect yourself if faced with the risk of violence.
The authors also explore what you need to do to ensure you don’t lose a jointly-owned home, ways to make divorce easier on children, and how to navigate the complicated emotions that arise when a marriage ends.
Protect yourself and your loved ones—physically, financially, and emotionally—with this essential guide for anyone contemplating or going through a divorce.