Jesus often met with his disciples during the forty day period between his resurrection and his ascension into heaven. It was vital that they knew precisely what he wanted them to do after he was gone. He also wanted them to understand that he was leaving them with an advocate, the Holy Spirit, who would be their resource and guide in his absence. And, most importantly, just before his ascension, he charged them with his Great Commission to “go and make disciples of all the nations.”
As believers – and, indeed, as Christ’s new generation of disciples, we must accept this same challenge and continue to grow His church. I believe that’s what he has put us here for. It is toward that end that I have written this book. And, praise God, he has given me a diverse group of helpers to bring it to pass. You will meet them in the pages of this book. Allow me to introduce you to just a few of them.
– You will meet an enchanting three year old girl with Jesus in her heart; and
– You will also meet an atheist who invites you to follow him around the world as he seeks answers – and finds them,
– You will marvel at the extraordinary achievements of a Christian role model named Oprah.
– You will meet a Catholic priest – and another young man as he makes a decision for Christ.
– You will tag along with a young high school student as he ventures into Philadelphia housing projects, intent upon saving others and, in the process, is saved himself.
– You will read a nurse’s personal story.
– And you will be inspired by a future Hall of Famer who has placed Christ first in his life.
These and many others from all walks of life are featured among the new disciples you will find in the pages enclosed.