As a businessman, one of author Bryan McMahon’s goals was to facilitate the development of those people who worked for him, inspiring the youth of the world to stand up and be counted every time a challenge or opportunity appeared. In Developing Character and Career, McMahon offers a training manual for businesspeople and leaders to help them become more effective.
Based on McMahon’s personal experiences, he offers a plethora of concepts, ideas, and disciplines, including the importance of:
• Identifying people who are potential mentors;
• clearly defining personality, strengths, and weaknesses;
• aspiring to roles or functions that suit your strengths and personality;
• assembling all possible facts and information before making decisions;
• avoiding decisions based solely on emotions;
• exercising independence when necessary;
• identifying your career path;
• learning to manage money early in life;
• creating a plan with objectives for the next ten years;
• taking advantage of big opportunities;
• looking after your body.
Through examples and stories of his business dealings in London, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and others, Developing Character and Career communicates that anything is possible if you have the desire and commitment to succeed.