“This is an important piece of work. It clearly comes from a place of love and practicality to evoke thought, promote communication and bridge the gap at home between parents and children. There’s definitely a place for it among caregivers who want to start meaningful conversations and offer guidance to the younger generation in a non threatening and playful manner”
—Leanne L. Earnest, Ph. D.
The challenges that young people face today are so much ‘heavier’ than they were just a few years ago. The dangers of bullying, drugs and social media have become common topics of discussion everywhere. However… many young people are challenged to communicate openly about their struggles. And many more hit puberty and decide that their parents “just don’t get it”. They stop talking and communication becomes a chore. How do we prepare our tweens, teens and young adults for the journey ahead without putting pressure on them to tell us everything?
• SKILLZ… for the Journey is a simple, practical guide that offers powerful solutions.
• SKILLZ is an interactive book designed to help promote thought and communication between families.
• SKILLZ creates an opportunity for parents and young people to connect through identification.
• SKILLZ will assist young people in learning to make healthy choices.
• SKILLZ addresses 52 topics on everything from eating disorders and anger…to self-esteem and peer pressure.
• SKILLZ offers thought probing questions at the end of each paragraph so that everyone has a turn to share their experience and opinions.
• SKILLZ will open the door for communication on a wide range of topics that may not otherwise come up in conversation.
• SKILLZ will facilitate families talking with each other about problems and solutions without any pressure.
RECOMMENDED USE FOR THIS BOOK: Pick a topic together. Read the entry and questions aloud. Each person takes a turn answering the questions for him (her) self. Watch the miracle of communication unfold.