Self-Help Publishing with Balboa Press
Partnered with the Leading Publisher of Self-Help Books, Hay House
Balboa Press, a division of Hay House Inc., is a self-publishing company specializing in self-help books with a positive message (Click to Tweet). Offering a full suite of publishing, design and marketing services, we are committed to empowering more authors to publish books that will, in turn, help others and our planet Earth.
As a division of Hay House, Balboa Press titles are monitored regularly by the parent company. Hay House is one of the fastest-growing self-help and transformational publishers in the world and hopes to find through Balboa Press new inspiring authors that display their potential to add to their catalog.
Work with Our Team of Self-Help Publishers
While Balboa Press is a self-publishing company, there's no need for authors to rely solely on their own knowledge or skill set when publishing a book. The experience and connections provided through Balboa Press give authors everything they need to create and publish their books while allowing the author to maintain control of the content.
Our books are printed using print-on-demand technology so we print each book to order. Not only is this method of printing mindful of our planet because no books go to waste, but it is mindful of our authors too. As an author, you are never required to shoulder the cost and hassle of printing, storing and transporting large quantities of your book. When a book is ordered by a reader, a retailer or the author, it is printed and shipped in a matter of days.
Balboa Press authors publish books on a wide range of topics, concentrating in self-help and transformational themes, including the following: astrology, alternative health, angels, pet care, finance, nutrition, parenting, psychology, sociology, meditation, spirituality, numerology, color therapy, feng shui, business, autobiographies, social commentary, memoirs and more.
The Publishing Company Name: Balboa Press
The name Balboa Press was inspired by Balboa Park in San Diego, Calf., a true source of joy for founder Louise Hay (Click to Tweet), as well as all those who visit it. Named after a Spanish conquistador, Vasco Núñez de Balboa, Balboa Park is the largest urban cultural park in the United States and is home to 15 major museums, nine performing arts venues, gardens covering 1,200 acres and the world-renowned San Diego Zoo.
The Balboa name reminds us to continue to look for new and marvelous discoveries in the world around us and within ourselves. Our publishing company is committed to doing just that – helping new talented writers explore and find their own paths, get published and share their insights.
How to Publish Your Own Book with Balboa Press
(Click to Tweet)
- Wrap it up - Finalize your manuscript and save it in a digital format.
- Inquire - Speak with your publishing consultant, who will explain how to self-publish a book and help you choose a self-publishing package.
- Submit - Send us a digital copy of your manuscript.
- Create - Work with your check-in-coordinator through editing, design, formatting and any other services you have purchased.
- Review - Look over eProofs of your book and give final approval to begin printing.
- Receive your book - Hold your complimentary author copy for the first time. Enjoy the moment!
- Distribute - Your book will be available through the Balboa Press online bookstore and distributed through the two leading U.S. book wholesalers.
- Promote - Work with your marketing consultant to plan your promotional strategy and choose the marketing services that work for you.
For more information on how to get published, call 877.407.4847 to speak with a publishing consultant.
Next: Read about Balboa Press' Editorial Standards